Solved

How many people are using dark mode?

• 26 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi there, is there a report/way to measure how many people are using dark mode to read campaigns we are sending? I’ve seen surveys that quote around 80% of people are using dark mode on their devices but was wondering if you have any stats on this in klaviyo? 

icon

Best answer by David To 26 October 2021, 19:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Chloe_allplants,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Because dark mode is a preferential setting used on the device your recipients are opening their emails on, there wouldn’t be a way to detect when a recipient is using dark mode or not. One way you can attempt to measure how many of your contacts prefer dark mode versus light mode would be simply asking them! You can pose this question within either a signup form or within an email which can be used to tag your contacts with a custom profile property to calculate this data out yourself. I’ve included some Help Center articles below which can help you set these sort of signup forms or emails up as well as further understanding custom profile properties:

In addition, I would suggest taking a look at @retention’s great comment in the Community post below which discusses dark mode and how it effects email templates:

I hope this helps!

David