Below is a list of my favorite resources for email design and capability tutorials. Feel free to comment and share any of your own favorite resources!
- Getting Started with the Email Editor - Start Here!
- Email Design Academy Course for Beginners - This academy course teaches email design principles all successful marketers should know!
- Klaviyo Syntax - Add personalization to emails!
- A small library of real Klaviyo customers email designs can be found here (folder linked in document), some examples are pulled into the doc with reasons why this campaign is successful.
- You can also check out this webinar recap video here - at around ~2:26:03, the webinar topic is 'Session 3: Designing better emails with Klaviyo'.
Email Design General Tips & Tricks:
- In general, more white space, and less content - shorter emails usually have higher click rates
- Not too many CTAs, pick one (maybe 2) ideas or products you’re looking to advertise, and focus the email on that - emails with too many CTAs do not get very high click rates (blog on this here and here - external resources but trustworthy).
- This blog here has a good layout structure info.
- Use high quality images. More info on images here and here. Images should be PNG and at least 600px wide (preferably 1200px wide, double the email itself width size - but not too much larger than 1200px).
- Common spam trigger word list - Klaviyo blog - words/subject lines to avoid