Solved

{% manage_preferences_link %} link not working

• 25 January 2023
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I am trying to use the {% manage_preferences_link %} in the footer of my email and style it using the same styling as the other text but it’s not working - when I click on the link it takes me to a 404 Klaviyo page telling me it’s a ‘bad’ link.

This is the source of the text block I’m trying to use: 

<a href="{% manage_preferences_link %}"> Manage Preferences</a>

Please can anyone advise me why this is not working as this is the tag that Klaviyo’s help centre provides when wanting to change the colour/font of these types of pages in emails.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 1 February 2023, 15:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @BMBecky 

Thanks for sharing this challenge with the Klaviyo Community. I have a quick question for you, is the manage_preference_link leading to a Klaviyo preference page or a custom preference page hosted on another platform? Also, is this happening with all your emails using this tag or just this one email?

I’ll be on the lookout for your response!

Hi Stephen, 

the manage_preference_link is leading to a Klaviyo preference page, not a hosted page. So far this is happening with just one of my emails when I am sending myself a preview, as I am currently just in the process of testing a new email footer and want it to work before pushing it live.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @BMBecky 

Sorry for the delay in response. 

A placeholder page is expected behavior since the email technically isn’t Live until you publish it. However , a 404 page is unexpected behavior . If you are trying to change the color/font of the Manage Preference hyperlink, then there’s should be more code included instead of simply using just <a href="{% manage_preferences_link %}"> Manage Preferences</a>. This leads me to think that maybe whatever code is being added in to change the hyperlink color may be done so incorrectly.

I tested the variable you are using in my own test account and it works, so it doesn’t seem to be any syntactical error with it. It is however possible that the code wasn’t pasted without formatting? I would also check out this post that includes multiple different ways to change the font color and why sometimes they are unchangeable.

If none of this is true, I would suggest escalating this to our support team for a closer look into your account to determine why this is happening. Hope this helps!