Solved

Section Background Image Not Showing Up In Apple Mail Desktop

• 13 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

The section background image of my email is not showing up in the Apple Mail App on desktop when I preview it - even after I click “Load Content Directly”. I’ve tried disabling the CSS optimization as someone suggested in another similar forum post, but that didn’t help. It works perfectly well in Gmail, Outlook, and the Apple Mail App on mobile, but just doesn’t show up on Apple Mail on desktop.

Here is what I’m trying to do:

But it turns out like this: 

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do!

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 13 April 2023, 16:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +35

Hi @VAELabs ,

Welcome to the Community! 

Have you tried re-uploading the image in a smaller files size to see if this remedies the issue? Occasionally, I have noticed similar loading delays or errors if I am using an especially high quality image in some inbox providers (like Apple Mail).

Some recent posts on Apple’s website seem to suggest this may be an issue native to their inbox, and not something we have complete control over from a design perspective. I’ve linked those posts below:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254480482
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254551353

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge +1

Hi @Ashley I.,

Thank you for the response!

I actually did try uploading a smaller image because I thought that might be the issue as well. The smallest I tried was 126kb, which was when it started getting a bit pixelated. I also don’t get any of the error messages mentioned in the other posts and have tried waiting to see if it’s just taking some time to load. Is there anything else that could be the issue?

I have tried other images as well, with the same result. It’s strange to me that I don’t even get the image not loading icon like below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +35

@VAELabs Another alternative I might recommend is using an Image Block instead of adding this graphic as a background image. 

This may require some slight changes to your email design, but I’ve had higher success with directly embedding an image via this Block for cross-inbox compatibility. That is, this way loads without issue across a wider range of providers than background images do.

As seen in this thread:

Some inbox providers do not have support for background images. 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge +1

Hi @Ashley I.,

I didn’t realize that some providers didn’t support background images - I’ll definitely give that a try instead! Thank you for the info!

Userlevel 6
Badge +35

@VAELabs You’re very welcome, best of luck!