Solved

Using old template saved blocks with new template editor in flows

• 5 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

I want to update all my flows so they can use the same saved content for the footer part, but it seems that all email that have been created with the old editor can’t used saved content. 

Is it not possible to access saved content for flows that have been previously built?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 5 November 2021, 21:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Taube

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!

We hope you are as excited about our new Email Template Editor as we are! Several new features are available, such as the ability to preview event data directly in your template, as well as the ability to layer text over images. Please refer to our Guide to the New Template Editor for more information on how to use these features. 

That said, at this time there are still some features that are in continued development, such as: 

• Custom Fonts - the ability to use custom fonts in the new Template Editor is not yet available, but we're working on it! Custom fonts will be available to implement later this year. If you prefer to use custom fonts in your email, then you will need to continue using the Classic Template editor until this feature is available. 

• Universal Saved Content - this will also be available later this year! Universal saved content will allow you to add a saved block to multiple messages, then edit the saved block after the fact, and see those edits reflected across all messages where the block exists.

• Converting Templates from the Old Editor to the New Editor - this is expected to roll out after the holidays. We know how eager you are to fully transition everything over to the new editor interface, so we are working hard to make this available for all of your Email Templates as soon as possible. 

If you have any feedback or suggestions for the new editor, please share them with our product team

In the meantime, we hope that using the New Template Editor enables you to achieve your design goals.

Have a great rest of your day!

Alex

Badge +1

Hi there, 

@alex.hong is there any update regarding the possibility of Converting Templates from the Old Editor to the New Editor?

Thanks, 

Milena  

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @milenarudnik,

Thanks for the follow up and question here.

Currently, this feature is still in the works for our dev team so I cannot provide an exact ETA until this feature is rolled out. As the team continues its rollout and development of the new template editor, it will soon be updated with the features we had initially planned with it.

Thank you for your patience at this time,

Alex

Badge

Is there an update on Custom fonts and Converting Templates from the Old Editor to the New Editor?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Dario,

The button to convert a classic editor template to new editor is planned to be released to the general public within Q3 so you should see this ability appear in the coming months. In the meantime, you will need to manually re-create the template in the new editor.

Here is a help center guide on custom fonts.

Thanks,

Alex

Badge

Hi @alex.hong 

How do I manually recreate a template from the classic editor into the new editor as you mention above? Bonus points if you can explain this like you would to your 90 year old grandmother because I don’t code.

Thanks

Peggy

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @PeggyT,

At this time, you would quite literally go to the new template editor and recreate your template that you had created in the classic editor.