Why is my template not responsive to my mobile preview?

• 27 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Head to the Styles table in the template editor. If there is a box called Auto-restrict blocks, check that box, select Save, and refresh the template.

The setting should now disappear and the template should be responsive to your mobile preview. 

6 replies

Badge +2

Is there any other reason this could happen? I am having the same issue and I’m stumped.

I don’t see the option for the “Auto-restrict blocks” box and I tried duplicating the email (this is in a flow) but still don’t see the option.

Any insight would be super helpful!

Badge +2

Figured it out. For anyone who might have the same problem, this can also happen if the Enable Optimizations setting in template styles is disabled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @brendanuye, thanks so much for following up with folks in the Community forum about this! Appreciate it, as others who search this article or have similar questions might find it helpful too. 

Have a great rest of your week, 
-Cass. 

Badge +2

Head to the Styles table in the template editor. If there is a box called Auto-restrict blocks, check that box, select Save, and refresh the template.

The setting should now disappear and the template should be responsive to your mobile preview. 

I don’t see the “Auto-restrict blocks” box? I have mobile optimization enabled.

I am having a similar problem here: I have some section that are set to Mobile-Only.. when I preview it looks fine, but when I send it I get the desktop version when opening on a mobile device. Please advise. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @zag4242 

Thank you for asking the Klaviyo Community for help with your email template!

To better understand what might be happening, I have a few questions. To start, would you share screenshots of your template block settings under Block Styles to ensure that they are desktop only selected for sure and not mobile and desktop?

What ISP or email client are you using to view the mobile emails with? Occasionally, depending on the browser,  can cause some technical issues.

To test these emails, are you forwarding the email or sending it directly to users? Forwarding in general, has a tendency to break the html in emails, which can then cause the separate blocks to both render in the inbox of the person the email has been forwarded to. Unfortunately, we do not have any way on our end to prevent this from happening.

Once we get the answer to these, it will help narrow down what might be causing the problem.

Badge +2

My embedded form, despit being designed for mobile only is not mobile responsive and is making my whole homepage not mobile responsive, making it all as wide as the signup form. I have neither of the options listed above to fix it. Can someone please help?