Solved

Back in stock button DO NOT APPEAR as a BUTTON on Dawn Theme

• 23 February 2023
  • 14 replies

Badge +3

Hello Everyone!

I have new theme Dawn, and now when I install back in stock button, it’s not a button anymore 😃

It is just a piece of text. I cannot access any support as my account is older than 60 days, but I am also not a developer to fix it myself. I would be very thankful is someone from our community would be able to help me to fix the damaged code Klavyio provides for back in stock button. 

I want it to be as before - instead of ADD TO CARD → Notify Me

I also do not want to have this button ON when product is in stock. 

It worked very well before but now it is al messed up and for person without coding skills not possible to fix. 

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 2 March 2023, 23:04

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @cardsjcsb!

When you install the button, are you following these steps?

Additionally, would you be willing to share a screenshot of the back in stock button as it appears on your site now? If the “piece of text” that replaced the button is still a working link, then the issue is likely a CSS issue in the theme that’s affecting the button. If it’s not linked to anything (just plain html text), then it’s more likely an issue with the Klaviyo code snippet. 

Also, here are some Community threads that might help you get situated in the meantime:

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +3

Hi @Brian Turcotte , 

I highly appreciate that you took time to help me with this issue. It does work as a button, however it looks not as button anymore (I had it before and it always looked as a button). (please see attached file)

there are two main issues i am facing:

1. It looks like a text, not a button
  2. It is not smart enough to understand when product is back in stock or out of stock - the message is ALWAYS there - before the button appeared only when the product was out of stock, and when the product was back in stock the button said “add to cart”  

Badge +3

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @cardsjcsb!

Understood - here’s how I would respond to these two issues:

1. The link vs. button display will likely come down to the CSS (“design” files) of your site. Since Dawn is not a Klaviyo-supported platform, Support will not be able to troubleshoot custom CSS, but you could always reach out to one of our wonderful Official Klaviyo Partners for extra development help if desired. Here’s another Community thread discussing the same topic:
  2. Per this reply from my colleague David, two common reasons why the back in stock button is displaying for products that are in stock (or vice versa) is due to either the theme’s variant selector not properly updating, or it’s because you have the “continue selling when out of stock” option enabled in your Shopify backend:

Thanks again for using the Community!

- Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@cardsjcsb, my advice to get this working quickly is to get a front-end developer to help you out. This is the fastest way to get these kinds of issues done.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +3

Is there any way I can do it myself? @Omar @Brian Turcotte 

Badge +3

After Dawn update in works better , however still no button… only blue link

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @cardsjcsb I don't know what your css or code looks like but it seems like the there is no specific class added for this back in stock button. Try and see if you can add the same class as the main button to see if that works. If you're a bit tech savvy see if you can use the developer tools in your browser to transform the css for the BIS button.

Also make sure you read and review the following links

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001895651-How-to-install-Back-in-Stock-for-Shopify

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001894192-How-to-style-Back-in-Stock-buttons-and-forms-for-free-Shopify-themes

Badge +3

It is basic Shopify Dawn theme. I am not a coder to resolve this issue and Klaviyo team is rejecting to support their merchants until I pay them for it. So I kinda stuck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@cardsjcsb I understand your frustration but free only gets you so far. 

You should be able to solve this by getting a front end developer on upwork or some of these platforms. It's just some css work that is needed. Any coder will get this done within 1hour.

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

If you really want to learn how to do this yourself I suggest these resources as good starting points:

To troubleshoot your current button:

I hope this helps.

Badge +3

Is there any chance I can contact you and your team to help with this issue?

I found a solution 

Replace this in the klaviyo snippet

product_page_class: 'btn',

to

product_page_class: 'button',

and change this one 

replace_sold_out: false

to ‘true’

I found a solution 

Replace this in the klaviyo snippet

product_page_class: 'btn',

to

product_page_class: 'button',

and change this one 

replace_sold_out: false

to ‘true’

BLESS YOU! I’ve also been trying to figure this out for hours. Thanks so much! Such a simple solution ha.