Solved

Linking a Fulfilled Order back to the Placed Order event via API

• 7 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

In the '$event' property, we are appending the time stamp along with the event name as well.
In the '$event_id', we are setting the value Sales Order number.
We can see the Klaviyo Developer Documents is updated, but in the old document, it was stated that the combination  'event_id' and 'event' should be unique.

My question was pertaining to how to track an Item Fulfillment against a Sales Order.
The Item Fulfillment can contain partial items or the entire items of the Sales Order.

In NetSuite, Sales Order and the related transactions such as Item Fulfillment and Invoice are different records.
For Kalviyo, we could see that we can send different events such as Fulfilled Order, Cancelled Order ( after Placed Order and Ordered Product events).
Is there a way in Klaviyo to link such events to the same Sales Order (since NetSuite uses different records to track the transactions such as Fulfilment and hence they will have different transaction Id but always will be linked to a parent transaction- Sales Order)?
If we use the "$event_id" as the sales order number for the fulfillment, will it replace the items on the order?

icon

Best answer by marissanunez 10 May 2021, 01:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @DanielStangaciu ,

Thanks for sharing with the community! 

If I think I’m understanding this correctly, you’d like fulfilled order events to combine if they’re partial shipments, correct?

As far as I know this is not possible to combine them as they should all have unique event IDs, but I’m wondering if it’s possible for you to send an order status with the Fulfilled Order metric that indicates whether or not it’s a partial shipment. If you sent this to Klaviyo as a top level property indicating it’s a partial shipment, you could filter flows or segments based on if it’s a partial or full shipment.

In terms of Placed Order events vs. Ordered Product events, you should only see one Placed Order metric per transaction, but an individual Ordered Product metric for each item in that order.

May I ask what the end goal is with these metrics? What does the audience and experience look like using this data? Are you planning to set up a flow for these metrics? This additional info may help someone in the community to chime in with more info!

I hope this helps!