Solved

Triggering email on specific custom day

• 4 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hei guys I d like you to help me on this. 

I m using an external no code platform from which I m taking data as Customer Property into Klavyio. My company is working on the telemedicine and I ask patient to book doctor appointments.

My problem starts here, cause I want to send them 2 emails: 
1) Booking confirmation: email that confirm the fact that the patient booked the visit
2) Visit notification: email that will remember the user the same visit day that he/she have a visit 

I m not clearly understand how to do the second email. I tried to check on “time delay” functionality but I cannot see the custom property. 

Please helppp :) 

icon

Best answer by Omar 4 March 2023, 13:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Gb1996

Thanks for posting your question here. I love these custom integrations because you're able to built everything the way you want them to.

In regards to your question this should not be to difficult to do. There are a couple of ways you can go about it but I think the best way would be to have a date triggered flow but you could also do this using a segment triggered flow (just be aware a segment can take an hour to update and segment triggered flows only work once per subscriber) so my suggestion would be a date triggered flow.

In order for the date triggered flow to work you need to add a date to a customers profile property that contains the date. I would suggest also to use additional data you need in the email i.e. the place, or other specific information (doctor's name). 

You might want to look out for people who cancel their appointment, not sure how fast Klaviyo would change this date triggered flow if the date changes half way through, if they update this hourly then it might not be an issue otherwise you need to add a filter to remove people who cancelled their appointment.

Adding information to a profile can be done either through the webhooks in Klaviyo or you can code this on your end and send this to Klaviyo.

Some articles to help you:

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO