Why are the customers in my Shopify list not in any of my Klaviyo lists?

• 27 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

You’ve integrated your Shopify and synced your customers to Klaviyo, awesome! But why aren’t all of them in your newsletter list?

When Klaviyo syncs customers from your Shopify store, it creates a Profile for them but it won’t add them to a list, because they didn’t explicitly opt-in to be a part of your Klaviyo list. 

What if they accepted marketing at checkout?

If a customer accepted marketing, you’ll see a profile property in the customer profile that says Accepts Marketing is True. While this is great, it doesn’t mean they automatically get added to a list. However since they have consented to receive email marketing from you in the past, you can create a segment of customers who have accepted marketing and are not in your main newsletter list, export that list as a .csv, and import it to your main list to add them. 

Have any other questions about how Klaviyo and Shopify sync profiles? Ask below so our Community can help.

4 replies

Badge +1

I have an ongoing concern in which the users will enter their information in my theme newsletter form at the bottom of my store however will not receive an email to verify the their email address. Additionally, I’ve tried creating an embedded Klaviyo form which doesn’t show up on my store. I’ve had to resort to relying on the pop-up form only which may get a little annoying to my customers. My theme is Galleria if that helps anything.

I’ve tried contacting both Klaviyo support and my theme developer’s support but theyare both telling me to contact the other.

I understand there is a possibility of me manually adding the subscribers but I wish to automate the process for scaling purposes.

If anyone can help me out I would be truly grateful. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @info.troutlakeoutfitters, thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community! This is definitely an interesting challenge here. I can’t speak on the Galleria theme specifically, since I am unfamiliar with it. It could have something to do with Double Opt-In, if that’s enabled. I did try myself to subscribe at the bottom of your page to your newsletter, but I haven’t received any emails or notifications even though I did the “Are you a robot?” confirmation. Additionally, it looks like a Klaviyo team member had reached out to you to offer some suggestions as well. If you have two different Klaviyo Javascripts installed on your website, it can cause an interference with your signup forms. 

Thanks! 
-Cass. 

Badge +1

Hi Cass thanks for the response! What would you suggest for the next steps?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @info.troutlakeoutfitters

As I mentioned in the above comment, it’s possible that you have two different Klaviyo Javascipts installed on your website, which can cause an interference with your signup forms. My recommendation for next steps would be to respond back to the Support ticket email you opened with one of our agents (dated December 4th), where our agent asked if you’d like for them to delete the additional code. That would be the easiest and most efficient way to close the loop, and to get a fix on this signup form issue you’re experiencing. 

Thanks so much, 
-Cass.