Solved

Why can't my Product Feed display variants?

• 22 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi - experiancing an issue where no matter how I set up our Product Feed it always displays just one combination of our product which has different variants.

For example, we sell Body Wash and on the PDP  there are different scents and sizes you can choose. Klaviyo only ever displays the product name: Body Wash, the price of our most expensive variant, and the image of a different size and scent. 

I want to be able to do dynamic recommendations based off scent, so that if someone purchased Sandalwood Body Wash Klaviyo recommends Sandalwood Shampoo, Deo and Hair Paste.

Is there a way to just upload a custom data feed with our variants more broken out?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 25 April 2022, 16:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @troypet

Thanks for sharing your Product Feed question with us! 

I was able to see that you also sent in this question to support and found your solution! Essentially, it’s impossible to show variant information when using the Shopify catalog. So if you want to show this type of granular product information, you can accomplish this in two ways: 

1. Use a regular Image/Table Block and upload an image of the variant you want to highlight into the email. You could use show/hide to show different blocks with specific variant products  depending on their custom properties,  for instance if you or they have added that their favorite scent is x, you can personalize what recommendations each subscriber sees.

1. You can sync a custom catalog.  Syncing a custom catalog would allow you to configure your variants as individual products and leverage that catalog source for your product feeds. The process of setting up a custom catalog feed, end-to-end, should not take more than 30 minutes. However, if you’re not comfortable with custom coding, I’d consider reaching out to one of our awesome partners  who would help set this up for you. If you plan to do this yourself, there are a few things of note:
  • The first step is to sync your custom catalog to Klaviyo; you will be asked to specify a URL to fetch products from. This custom catalog feed must be either an XML or JSON feed, and we only accept data 1 node deep (unless the feed is hosted by Google Merchant Feeds).
  • There are certain required fields for each catalog item, as well as some optional but recommended fields, so you can maximize the use of your catalog in Klaviyo.
  • Our current default item limit for a custom feed is 25K items - if your catalog contains more than 25K items, let us know what the maximum count is before adding the feed to the account and we will raise this limit for you.

Once you have your product catalog synced, you will need to reach out to our support team to ensure your Product Feed is using this new source.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor