Solved

WooCommerce customers are not added to list anymore

• 2 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi there,

I have created a List in Klaviyo and used that Lists ID to specify in the WooCommerce plugin where my new customers should be subscribed to. For some reason this stopped working; metrics are still collected without problems, the customers are just not added to the list….

Settings:

Enable Klaviyo signup forms: checked
Disable configuration warning: unchecked
Subscribe contacts to email marketing: unchecked (don’t want a checkbox)
Subscribe contacts to SMS marketing: unchecked

What could be the reason this stopped working?

Cheers,

Cees

icon

Best answer by David To 2 September 2021, 22:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @moowy,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community and for highlighting those WooCommerce plugin settings you have.

Since it sounds like you have the Subscribe contacts to email marketing setting unchecked as part of your plugin settings, this would prevent the Klaviyo accepts marketing checkbox from appearing during the checkout process. Without this checkbox present in the checkout process, you would not be providing your customers the option to share explicit consent to be added to a designated list once they complete their purchase. By default, contacts who complete their purchase are not expected to be added to the Klaviyo list designated by your plugin settings. Only contacts who have accept marketing and complete their purchase would be added the list. This also includes checkout abandoners. In the event you have this checkbox present and the contact ticks it off but abandons their purchase in the middle of checkout process are not expected to be added to the list either. This is because without completing the purchase, consent would not be fully passed by the user to be added to a list. Through accept marketing by checking off the box and completing the purchase would a customer fully pass consent to be added to a list. 

In the event you were talking about contacts who subscribed through either a Klaviyo form or a WooCommerce provided sign up form, I would recommend double checking your list’s opt-in settings. In the event the list is set to double opt-in, this means contacts must confirm their subscription within their email after signing up prior to being added to the list as detailed in the Guide to The Double Opt-In Process Help Center articles. 

If this is a third party signup form however, that was not provided by your WooCommerce site, you’ll need to set up a redirect for these subscribers to be added to a Klaviyo list. You can find instructions on how to set up this redirect from the How to Redirect Existing Signup Forms to Klaviyo article. In it you’ll find an example redirect code for your use with your third party form. 

If you need further assistance editing your third party form’s code to incorporate this redirect, I would suggest working with a developer or finding a Klaviyo partner

I hope this helps!

David