Solved

Import Shopify Customer Tags for Klaviyo Personalization

• 27 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

We have a number of custom Customer Tags in Shopify based on what the customer purchased. I’d like to be able to insert these Shopify Customer Tags into Klaviyo campaigns & automations using the “Add personalization” option. For example:

“Hi James - You Purchased Fresh Sesame Bagels

which in Klaviyo source would be something like this:

“Hi {{ first_name|default:'' }} - You Purchased Fresh {{ person|lookup:"Shopify Customer Tags-flavor purchased"|default:'all of them' }} Bagels”

and ideally also link the product name to the corresponding PDP. What is the correct syntax to use a specific Shopify Customer Tag in Klaviyo emails? (if it’s possible?) Would I need to set up this custom tag in Klaviyo first, and import the Customer Tag data? ( I believe so). 

To make it the correct link (to the Sesame Bagels page in above example) would I also need to have the page’s URL included as a separate Shopify Customer Tag, or is there anyway to set URLs dynamically in Klaviyo using IF THEN logic? (If customer tag=sesame Then URL = https://www.newyorkerbagels.com/products/sesame-bagels) to continue the example.

thank you all!

icon

Best answer by Sale pro 28 February 2024, 10:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @rob-nyb 

I’m just wondering if a simpler solution is to use Klaviyo’s purchase event data in a table? See example below which is a modified version of the standard Shopify abandoned cart/purchase product table. That approach also takes into account when a customer has purchased more than one product as the all purchased items will be listed. Each listed product will have the correct link to the PDP.

Or have a misunderstood what you want to achieve?

Regards

Andy

Dynamic table set-up

Dynamic table set-up

Email output

Badge

To import Shopify customer tags for Klaviyo personalization:

1. Export customer data from Shopify, including tags, as a CSV file.
  2. Format the file to ensure proper columns and tag consistency.
  3. Save the file with the updated tag data.
  4. In Klaviyo, go to 'Lists & Segments' and create/select the desired segment.
  5. Import the CSV file and map the fields correctly.
  6. Complete the import process and verify the tag associations.
  7. Test personalization using the imported customer tags.
Badge

Hi bluesnapper,

The Klaviyo product setting works for stand-alone products, but in our case most purchases are “Custom Boxes” where customers select specific flavors to build out a 1 or 2 dozen box. Klaviyo’s built in product personalization cant go below the product level. thanks though!

Badge

For your custom box purchases, you might consider creating a workaround in Klaviyo. Since Klaviyo's built-in product personalization doesn't go below the product level, you could try the following:

Use Custom Properties

Segment Customers

Send Targeted Campaigns

Dynamic Content