Solved

Automatically adding CARE permission to profiles coming from Shopify

• 26 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I’d like to be able to send CARE communications, which uses Legitimate Interest as opposed to consent, to my customers. In order to do so, I need to provide them with a way to unsubscribe from it (ideally in a separate way than Marketing). 

With previous CRM tool, I was able to have a CARE flag created for every orders and which was managed separately than the marketing flag. 

Is there a way to do this in Klaviyo?  

icon

Best answer by David To 27 August 2021, 16:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Leo Pure Electric,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Although Klaviyo by default doesn’t have a means to handle CARE Communications, one way I can see you accomplishing this is through custom profile property tags so long as these contacts have explicitly opted into receiving marketing material from you. Similar to how your previous CRM tool functioned, you can “flag” contacts by using custom profile properties that are used to identify and apply additional information to your contacts. 

To learn more about using custom profile properties as tags to identify these specific contacts, I would suggest taking a look at the Guide to Properties and About Custom Properties

Also keep in mind that Klaviyo has specific regulations in the types of lists allowed to be uploaded and used on the platform. You can find a summary of this in the About Compliant Lists article along with a link to the Klaviyo’s Terms of Service for more in-depth details. 

I hope this helps!

David