Solved

Bulk Delete Profiles? (Deleted all from lists, but profiles still exist)

Badge

I am looking to delete all of the profiles in my account. I used the profile maintenance tool (https://www.klaviyo.com/account#maintenance-tab) to delete subscribers from my existing Lists, but I still have hundreds of profiles listed under https://www.klaviyo.com/people. All of my lists and segments show 0 in the columns, but my account shows me over the profile limit. I’d like to delete them to go back under the limit. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 5 May 2021, 16:35

Hi @pinupgirl,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

If you have enabled one or more of Klaviyo's built-in integrations, contacts will flow into your account through these integrations as an active profile. These individuals may not have opted in via a signup form, but they may have purchased a product from you, opened a support ticket with your team, registered for one of your Eventbrite events, etc. They will be considered active profiles, but will not necessarily qualify as list subscriber or belong to a specific segment.

In order to capture all active profiles in your account, you can create a segment: Properties about someone > email contains @ AND is not suppressed. However, since bulk-deleting does permanently remove all data pertaining to the profile, I recommend bulk-suppressing instead. This action will retain all of the data pertaining to the profile i.e. purchase history and still “de-activate” the profile, meaning these profiles will not count towards your bill after they’ve been suppressed.

Thanks and have a great day.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @pinupgirl,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

If you have enabled one or more of Klaviyo's built-in integrations, contacts will flow into your account through these integrations as an active profile. These individuals may not have opted in via a signup form, but they may have purchased a product from you, opened a support ticket with your team, registered for one of your Eventbrite events, etc. They will be considered active profiles, but will not necessarily qualify as list subscriber or belong to a specific segment.

In order to capture all active profiles in your account, you can create a segment: Properties about someone > email contains @ AND is not suppressed. However, since bulk-deleting does permanently remove all data pertaining to the profile, I recommend bulk-suppressing instead. This action will retain all of the data pertaining to the profile i.e. purchase history and still “de-activate” the profile, meaning these profiles will not count towards your bill after they’ve been suppressed.

Thanks and have a great day.

Badge

Excellent! Thank you.