Solved

Can I move the results of a segment into a list?

• 13 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I have a new list created based on a facebook ad campaign. This list receive a very specific flow for a short period of time. Once the user has completed the flow and received no emails for 14 days, they are put in a segment. At this point, I want to add that segment to my MAIN Newsletter list. How can I do this?

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 13 April 2021, 09:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@BrothOfLife 

You can always export segment as csv.. and than upload it manually to the list you want to add those people to.. (but if they are already in that list this won’t work since people can be added to list only once, so this will only work if they are not already in the newsletter list)

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @BrothOfLife,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community. And thank you @Bobi N. for your reply.

@Bobi N. is absolutely correct, that will achieve your goal of merging these two groups together by exporting and re-importing the segment as a .csv file. Alternatively, you can append the current segment definition using an “OR” connector to include the Main Newsletter list. 

Thanks and have a great day.

Badge +2

I have exported my segmented list to a CSV (selecting all properties). When I go to import that csv into my main Newsletter list, I have 29 columns that are not mapped. I am a bit puzzled as when I compare the exported CSV of the segment to the exported CSV of the main list, they have the same columns and data available. What do I do with the 29 columns that are not mapped? I do want that data. Some examples are “KlaviyoID”,  “First Active”, “Last Active”, “Profile Created On”, “Initial source”, “Total Customer Lifetime Value”, “Average Order Value”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @BrothOfLife,

Adding to the great direction that @Bobi N. and @dov.derin provided, since you are moving contacts from one list to another, you wouldn’t need to map or manually include all of those fields in the .CSV you are importing. This is because the data already resides within Klaviyo and is already associated with the respective profiles/contacts, you wouldn’t actually lose any of those data points should they be omitted. @retention actually has a great write up and guidance on this in the following Community post:

Hope this helps!

-David

Badge +1

Speaking of lists, I understand that from from a segment, there is no way for us to see the growth report.

Is there a work around to seeing the growth report from a segment and viewing it by month?

The only logic I can think of is to convert the segment to a list but then again the list will stay being a list and I would not be able to reflect growth on a monthly basis as it is not able to capture new profiles every month.

If anyone has a solution or a way to work around this, that would be great. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Yasmin

As this community thread shares, the segment growth report is a feature that is set to release later this year! 

However, I’d recommend taking a look at this additional thread as one of my coworkers give a workaround to see how your Segment has been growing in a small snapshot. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor