I recently installed the app and I am loving it! Just had a couple of setup questions that I need some assistance with if possible,
I believe that I have successfully integrated Klaviyo with Shopify and have created a Subscriber List on Klaviyo which auto populates as soon as a customer subcribes via the Klaviyo created popup form or the standard Shopify footer subscription function.
I am just experiencing some issues with regards to the below:
- I would like to know how I can arrange for any manually added customer profiles on my Shopify Customer List to be automatically added to my Klaviyo list. As I mentioned above, the sign up form submissions are working fine, but not any manually added profiles.
- How can I enable for the customer tags that I assign to Customers on Shopify to transfer onto the Tags I create on Klaviyo? Is there an automated way to integrate these?
- I would like to know how I can go about Klaviyo automatically adding customers to Lists/Segments such as VIP Customers and New Subscribers? Is this automated?
Apologies in advance for the newb questions. I appreciate any assistance :)
Best answer by julie.accardo
Glad to hear that you’re enjoying the platform so far!
There are a few ways profiles can be added to Klaviyo:
- The Shopify to Klaviyo integration will sync anyone who abandoned checkout or places an order through your Shopify store to your Klaviyo accounts as an active profiles. In order to organize those contacts, you can create segments of “anyone who checkout started” or anyone who placed an order.” Also, there is a setting within the Shopify integration that allows you to route any contacts that accept marketing at checkout to a list in Klaviyo.
- You have the option to manually export contacts to a csv file and then manually import them into a list in Klaviyo.
- If you have access to a developer, you can work with them to automatically sync contacts to a list using our list api endpoints.
How to Manage Shopify Tags in Klaviyo:
- Shopify customer tags sync automatically from Shopify to Klaviyo through the integration as profile properties. Here’s our help center article on how to use Shopify Tag filters in Klaviyo.
VIP/New Subscriber Segments:
- Here’s out help center article on how to create VIP segments. Here’s our help center article on creating customer engagement tiers.
- You should have a ‘New Subscriber” segment already prebuilt in your account as one of our standard pre-configured segments, however, this help center article will guide you though how to build this new subscriber segment.
Hope this helps!