Email Lead Generation

• 21 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

In addition to using pop ups and account sign ups on our own site we are interested in collection email leads on Facebook and other Social platforms. How have you found this process. Alternatively have you paid a third party on a cost per lead basis.

Thanks

Seán

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SeanMcC,

Leveraging your social platforms is great to attract subscribers! 

Outside of using Facebook, I’m a big fan of using Instagram. Instead of needing to go through an integration process like you would with Facebook, you can oftentimes use the functions right inside of Klaviyo to setup your lead forms. 

My favorite thing is how simple it is to use Instagram’s Link Stickers in a story to drive users to a signup form. 

I would love to hear what other Community member’s thoughts on this as well!

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

David

Thanks for this tip. We will give this instagram idea a go..

Sean

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Paying per lead can work at times, but it can also be really expensive.

If you’re B2C/DTC you can leverage giveaway on Instagram as an incentive to drive email opt ins.

For example, first try a ~$50 prize and use simple rules like:

1. Follow me
  2. Tag 2 friends in the comments
  3. Subscribe to my email list at my link in bio for 10 bonus entries

On average around 40% of those who enter will also subscribe to their email list. I used 3 years of Instagram and Klaviyo data to create a calculator here to show realistic estimates.

I’d recommend starting small and using inexpensive prices. For example, Hydroflask drives TONS of engagement just giving away $30 water bottles. So rather than do one giveaway with a huge prize, do a couple a month with smaller prizes to see better returns.

If you want a real example (used with permission) below is a screenshot from a small Shopify merchant with only 3,000 followers, but they were able to generate 70 email subscribers from a single giveaway.

They only had 3,000 email subscribers, so for example, if you have 10X, 100X, or 1,000X more followers, you could use the same prize to get significantly more email subscribers for a much lower resulting cost per lead and much higher ROI.

This also boosts your ROAS since you’re boosting a post that gets you email subscribers plus the typical engagement and followers.