Solved

How can I create a segment with last product viewed?

• 29 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I would like to segment based on last brand viewed ( aka collection / product vendor in Shopify )

This would then allow for more personalised emails with relevant content. There is a way of showing last viewed products by creating a feed so Klaviyo is capable of attaining the last viewed product info.

It would also be great to be able to insert the brand name into subject line.

I look forward to your help on this.

Sean

icon

Best answer by Dov 2 December 2022, 16:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Here is how to create the segment - let me get back to you on adding in the Brand Name in the subject line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @SeanMcC,

Thanks for sharing this with us. And thank you @chelsgrove for showing us how to build that segment!

I also wanted to share this article which speaks to adding recently viewed items into your email.

I hope that’s helpful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Here is how to create the segment - let me get back to you on adding in the Brand Name in the subject line.

Hi thanks for your reply. I can see the option for viewed product however how to change to last viewed product?

Sean

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @SeanMcC,

Thanks for sharing this with us. And thank you @chelsgrove for showing us how to build that segment!

I also wanted to share this article which speaks to adding recently viewed items into your email.

I hope that’s helpful.

My question is a little more specific ; how to create segment where last viewed product was brand x. This would then allow us to create a segmented flow relevant to that customer. If we choose viewed more than once in the last month really doesnt help as much as last viewed. The ideal scenario would be the ability to segment profiles based on their ‘most viewed’ brand.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @SeanMcC,

Thanks for your reply.

While you won’t be able to segment based on “last viewed” product, consider using product feeds in your email instead.

Using a product feed will allow you to show recently viewed products personalized for each customer. You can also limit the product feed to particular categories of items.

You can still trigger your flow off of Viewed Product (with no specific brand, or use a time constraint i.e. viewed product in the last 30 days) and then simply use the product block in the flow to show items the user has recently viewed, limited to specific categories. This is the idea behind our default browse abandonment flow which can be pulled directly from our flows library

If you decide to use the default browse abandonment flow from the library, simply add in your product feed based on recently viewed items (instead of the default product feed included with the default flow). Also be mindful of the flow filters included for the default browse abandonment flow, these are set-up to skip users who started checkouts or view multiple products from passing through the flow multiple times within a short timeframe. That is to say, if you decide to do yours from scratch i.e. trigger a flow off of Viewed Product, you may want to implement the same filters i.e.“skip anyone who has been in this flow”to prevent users who view multiple products from running through the flow several times within a short timeframe, and also adding in the filter to skip users who move onto checkout with these viewed items. 

I hope that’s helpful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @SeanMcC,

Thanks for your reply.

While you won’t be able to segment based on “last viewed” product, consider using product feeds in your email instead.

Using a product feed will allow you to show recently viewed products personalized for each customer. You can also limit the product feed to particular categories of items.

You can still trigger your flow off of Viewed Product (with no specific brand, or use a time constraint i.e. viewed product in the last 30 days) and then simply use the product block in the flow to show items the user has recently viewed, limited to specific categories. This is the idea behind our default browse abandonment flow which can be pulled directly from our flows library

If you decide to use the default browse abandonment flow from the library, simply add in your product feed based on recently viewed items (instead of the default product feed included with the default flow). Also be mindful of the flow filters included for the default browse abandonment flow, these are set-up to skip users who started checkouts or view multiple products from passing through the flow multiple times within a short timeframe. That is to say, if you decide to do yours from scratch i.e. trigger a flow off of Viewed Product, you may want to implement the same filters i.e.“skip anyone who has been in this flow”to prevent users who view multiple products from running through the flow several times within a short timeframe, and also adding in the filter to skip users who move onto checkout with these viewed items. 

I hope that’s helpful.

Thanks for that.. Is there a way of inserting the name of the last viewed brand into email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @SeanMcC,

Of course - glad that helped.

By default, we’re only able to display “recently viewed” items rather than “last viewed”. This applies to the “product block method” as well as the “recently viewed items method” I outlined in my initial reply. 

You can limit the product feed to specific categories. If you sort your brands by category, you can set up multiple feeds i.e. feed X only including category X which aligns with brand X, another feed Y only including category Y which aligns with brand Y etc.

In order to use “last viewed” you’d have to set up a custom metric that captures that information on your website and passes it to Klaviyo. You can explore our developer documentation for more information on that topic.

I hope that’s helpful.