Solved

How can I delete a custom property?

• 18 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can’t seem to find any information related to this; how do I delete a custom property? I don’t mean removing the property from someone’s profile; I’m talking about deleting the property itself. I thought removing it from all the profiles that show it would automatically delete it, but apparently that’s not the case.

Thanks, -oo

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 19 July 2021, 05:43

I think you may need to contact the Support team.  

Curious, if they are all deleted already, why not just leave it as-is?

From the Guide to Properties help page

If you have many properties that span across profiles, you may need to bulk delete them. Bulk deletion can only be performed by a Klaviyo staff member, so this should only happen when absolutely necessary. If this is the case, reach out to a member of our Support Team. When you do so, you will be prompted to file a support ticket. In that ticket, list all of the properties that you want to be deleted.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I think you may need to contact the Support team.  

Curious, if they are all deleted already, why not just leave it as-is?

From the Guide to Properties help page

If you have many properties that span across profiles, you may need to bulk delete them. Bulk deletion can only be performed by a Klaviyo staff member, so this should only happen when absolutely necessary. If this is the case, reach out to a member of our Support Team. When you do so, you will be prompted to file a support ticket. In that ticket, list all of the properties that you want to be deleted.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Mailbox Manny here’s the use case. I created a custom property. Then I decided to change its name. So now I have two properties that are slightly different. They both appear not only in the property dropdowns during imports and creating flows, which makes it easy to accidentally pick the wrong one, especially months from now when I don’t remember which is the one that’s actually used in the profiles. Make sense? 

Thanks, -oo

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Yup, that makes sense!