Solved

Is there a way to know if your newsletter subscribers follow you on your other social channels?

• 20 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Just wondering, in the hopes of more segmentation for my audience. If there was a way you could tell if a customer who has subscribed to your newsletter has subscribed to your other media channels. 

For instance in our Post-Purchase Flow I have an email specifically for promoting other social media channels and if I knew which ones my customers subscribed to I could promote specific channels or not at all.

just wondering if this is possible. Or there is an app integration for this thanks.

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 20 November 2023, 20:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hey @Reyd - welcome to the community!

This is a great question, and one with lots of potential for you to better leverage the existing audience you have as you’re able to increase the data you have on each person’s profile. My fellow Community Champion, @Brett_Gatsby built a great tool for this use case, called Gatsby. They’re fully integrated with Klaviyo and will help you do what you’re asking for and more!

I’ll let Brett take it from here (:

Warmly,
Gabrielle

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @ebusiness pros . Hey @Reyd yea Gatsby can do this with your Instagram and TikTok channels. Right now you can trigger flows when customers have a large influencer and/or tag you in content. And more to your question, by next week you’ll be able to create segments / flows that fire off when your customers follow you on Instagram. Is this more or less what you’re asking about?

The app is https://gatsby.ai

Badge +4

This is really cool. It’s not specifically what I’m talking about but that is definitely an useful tool then.

I was more or less wondering if I was able to have a Conditional split in my flows that would send different emails to customers based off of which social media accounts of ours they follow.

Say I was to either push people to follow us on Facebook or Instagram. Is there a way to collect that data on our customers so that when they enter our flow they are sent an email prompting them to follow us on the social media account they have yet to follow?

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

@Reyd it’s my understanding Gatsby has the capacity to support that type of flow as long as you’re collecting people’s social media data points after they opt in! @Brett_Gatsby could give you more specifics how he’d recommend doing that…

You could also give people “engagement/ loyalty” points based on that “follow” action - Gatsby can help verify that and then their flow templates would help you notify people when they’ve earned those points… for example. 

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @ebusiness pros. @Reyd Gatsby can support that request you have for Instagram specifically. ie: if they follow you or don’t follow you, send them a particular flow. Would you like to jump on a call and talk about it? Here’s my calendar: https://meetings.hubspot.com/brett-bernstein