Solved

Opt in form to add subscriber to 2 lists

• 12 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have a number of opt in forms set up for particular offers and promotions. I would like to have the opt in form to add the data to the specific list for that offer AND my master list at the same time. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Omar 15 April 2023, 01:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @petraleigh,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Great question! Signup forms can only subscribe members to one list. This would be a great use case and benefit of maintaining a main list and using segmentation to distinguish and separate subscribers.

A common example of this would be having all signup forms linked to a main list while having a number of segments identifying which signup form source the subscribers originated from. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

Hi David, do you have an article or guidance on how I would create the segment for this particular opt in form? I tried to set up the segment, but couldnt find the source for opted into form. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @petraleigh,

There are actually several ways to create this sort of segment. You can either use the $Consent_Form_ID option or the Source option. Both of which are explained in past Community posts which I’ve included below:

David

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Yes, it is possible to have your opt-in form add the data to both the specific list for that offer and your master list at the same time in Klaviyo.

In Klaviyo, you can create multiple lists and segments based on specific criteria. You can also use Klaviyo's forms feature to create opt-in forms for your specific offers and promotions.

To add subscribers to both the specific list for the offer and your master list, you can use Klaviyo's "List Growth" feature.

Here are the steps to do this:

1. Go to the "Lists & Segments" tab in Klaviyo and create a new list for the specific offer or promotion.

2. In the "List Growth" section, create a new sign-up form for the specific offer or promotion.

3. Under the "Form Options" section, select the list you just created as the "List to add subscribers to."

4. Next, select your master list as the "Also add subscribers to" option.

5. Customize the form as desired and publish it on your website.

By following these steps, subscribers who opt-in to the specific offer or promotion form will be added to both the specific list and your master list in Klaviyo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@petraleigh My suggestion would indeed also be to keep one list as the main list and use profile properties as a way to distinguish various type of people and use segments to create specific groups with same trademarks.

However, a signup to list will only trigger once, either a person is on a list or not. If you're triggering flows on a signup to a specific list then using a segment might not be the best way (there are delays before segments get updated). Another approach would be to use the webhook functionality and have a flow that triggers on signup to those specific sublists to send data to Klaviyo's API using a webhook.

The API/webshooks can be very powerful for these kind of solutions

https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/subscribe_profiles
https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/v1-2/docs/how-to-add-a-webhook-action-to-a-flow 

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Lanresdev,

There seem to be some holes in your instruction. For example, there isn’t a list growth report under the general Lists & Segments tab. There are, however, list growth reports for individual lists. 

You also wouldn’t actually need to navigate to the list growth report to access the signup forms tab that shows the forms that are linked to the list. You can access this signup forms tab by navigating to your desired list and selecting the “Signup Forms” option next to the list settings.

Additionally, instead of taking these extra steps of navigating to your list, you can simply create a signup form by navigating to the Sign-up forms tab. 

This method you’ve suggested also wouldn’t allow users to be added to two different lists. Instead, it simply highlights creating a net new signup form that’s linked to a main list. 

At present, there isn’t a method to add users to two different lists if they subscribe through a single signup form. 

David