Solved

Secure unsubscribe from the list

• 1 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all, 

I would like to have something similar to double Opt-in but related with unsubscribe action. Right now when I click on the unsubscribe link I am redirected to the page where I need to put an email address. Let's assume that I know who subscribed that list so I can put email address that does not belong to me and unsubscribe someone.

Is it possible to send a confirmation email in order to unsubscribe? Or maybe there is another way how I can provide secure unsubscribing?

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 1 December 2023, 17:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @Sebastian468 

Klaviyo does not support 1-click unsubscribe. I believe this is due to some receiving email systems that click through all the links in the email to look for malicious code on the landing pages. I see that type of activity on B2B emails and also emails on educational domains. In those instances,  a 1-click unsubscribe would opt-out contacts without them intending to do so.

Nor can you send a confirmation email once a contact has unsubscribed because they’ve opted out! That approach would risk upsetting contacts and could result in spam flags.

However, the current unsubscribe mechanism pre-populates the unsubscribe form with the recipient’s email, so a good compromise, I think.

I don’t think it is likely that someone would unsubscribe using another person’s email either: the static part of the unsubscribe url gives a 404, so they’d need first to have a Klaviyo-generated unsubscribe link; someone else also in a Klaviyo list. That scenario is very low risk, in my opinion!

Hope that helps

Andy