Solved

Segment Ordered Multiple Products

• 2 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I’d like to segment customers into anyone who has placed order of +1 items. 

I have tested “Has Placed Order where Quantity equals” but it does not return any results.

Suggestions welcome!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 2 November 2022, 21:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Megan.Poole 

Thanks for asking a great question on segmenting based on what someone has or has not done. Quick question, are you using a Klaviyo pre-built integration or using the custom API? Not all integrations pass line item information (ie # of items ordered) into Klaviyo as a property to use in segments.  I’ll be on the lookout for your response!

Badge +1

I’m having the same issue. I only have 1.0 available for the Quantity

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Same follow up for you, @Stans. How is the order quantity data being passed into your Klaviyo account: via an integration or some other method? 

Badge +1

Via the Klaviyo pre-built integration with Shopify is what it looks like to me. I think the issue might be that when the information is passed to Klaviyo, each item is broken up into a separate order:

Perhaps I’m not seeing it the right way, but from the screenshot above the customer ordered 4 of the same item in one order; so his checkout and order confirmation will show a quantity of 4. But in the picture above it appears to break it up. Not really sure if that is an issue or not. But either way, I’m still wondering why I don’t have the option to select more than a quantity of one from the segmentation dropdown:

And this seems to be the only option no matter what product I use in the filter above the quantity filter.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

@Stans My first reaction is to instead change your first condition from at least once to an actual quantity using the other logic options like so in addition to the specific variant filter:

Then you wouldn’t need the second condition of quantity. The thing to be careful with here is getting the name exactly right. I’d suggest using a different property if you can that has less room for error, such as an ID number.

However, in your second condition example, the quantity should be editable text that might be default suggesting 1.0 from a previous option. Is it not letting you type in 4.0 (or another quantity)?