Solved

Tips on back-populate with imported lists

• 31 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi there! I am new to Klaviyo and have been working on a welcome series for my customers. This is the very early stages and I am still learning a lot.

I imported emails from Shopify and I want the emails to be included in my welcome series. Does back-populate also include the imported list for a welcome series? I haven’t been able to find a direct answer to my question and I want to be sure things will flow properly once it’s finished.

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by Dov 31 January 2023, 20:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Wanderist,

Thanks for sharing this with us. Welcome to Klaviyo - we’re thrilled to have you on board with us!

The answer here is yes! If you imported a list of contacts and then back-populate using the second radio button: “schedule recipients relative to when I click the backpopulate button” that will send the newly uploaded contacts through the welcome series starting from the beginning.

Backpopulating a Flow

It will not re-send the emails to users who were on that list and already received the welcome emails. The only exception to this would be if you added additional emails to the welcome flow. So say your welcome series consisted of 3 flow emails, contacts received those 3 flow emails. Then you added an additional flow email and decided to backpopulate, those who received the original 3, would be queued-up to receive the 4th flow email.

Backpopulation works slightly differently depending on the trigger of the flow. For more information on backpopulation see our guide here.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a community member.