Solved

Trying to create an un engaged segment for a sunset flow - Need clarification please

• 18 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Howdy, 

Folks, I need your help!

Firstly, I need help as I am trying to create a master list - I wanting to take all current lists and create one master list.

What is the best way to go about this? 

Secondly, I’m a trying to create an un engaged segment for a sunset flow although when trying to add multiple lists, the number of members is obviously too low. Something is making the resulted number of members incorrect. If I create the same segment and only enter one list, the number of members is correct by assumption as I cross referenced the list count to the segment count.
Can anyone shed some light towards the problem I am facing?
Can I create a segment from multiple lists to begin with?

This is the guild I followed >

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017518492-Creating-a-Sunset-Flow

Looking forward to your reply :) 

icon

Best answer by David To 18 July 2021, 17:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Louise1,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

You can create a master list by either manually exporting all of your lists and importing them into a singular list or through segmentation and then converting the segment into a static list. Both of these options are detailed in the How to Combine Two or More Lists in Klaviyo Hep Center Article Klaviyo offers. Both strategies would work and would simply depend on your preference of which one you wanted to use.

Similar to what was detailed in the How to Combine Two or More Lists in Klaviyo article, you certainly can create a segment from multiple lists. When doing so, keep in mind you’ll want to use the OR rule as opposed to an AND rule when including multiple lists. This is because using the AND rule is exclusive while the OR rule is inclusive as detailed in the AND vs. OR Guide article. 

For example, if you wanted to use segmentation to evaluate subscribers in List A and List B, if you were using an AND rule, this would cross-reference the two lists and return a segment of customers who are subscribed to both List A and B. Meaning a contact must be a subscriber of both lists to be captured by the segment. On the other hand, using the OR rule for the same segmentation rule would return all customers present in List A or List B. Customers can be subscribers to either one of these lists and still be captured in the segment. 

Other resources I would suggest taking a look at are the How to Create an Unengaged Segment and Guide to List Cleaning articles to learn more about creating unengaged segments as well as some other Community posts that touch upon the same subject which i’ve included below:

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @Louise1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community! 

In order to merge all lists in to a single list in Klaviyo you’ll want to following the below steps:

• Create a segment of all contacts that are active (this is so that your main mailing list will be comprised of only active users in the beginning - way to start out with a clean list) AND are in list X or list y, or list z, etc. 
  • Once the segment is created you will want to convert that segment to a list

To create a sunset segment, I’d recommend setting it up as:

• Someone is active AND
  • Is in list x OR
  • Is in list Y OR
  • Is in list z AND 
  • Someone received at least 10 emails over all time AND
  • Has opened emails zero times in last x days AND
  • Has clicked emails zero times in last x days.

Is your segment set up with the same conditions and operators as listed above?

Best,

Julie