Solved

Why Are Email Addresses Not Syncing into Klaviyo via Shopify Password Newsletter Form?

• 20 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi there, the latest email sign ups via Shopify password newsletter page wont sync with my Klaviyo account. 'This has not been an issue before. I've already checked the integrations settings in shopify and everything looks fine and integrated with Klaviyo. Please advise what else I can do to fix it. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 20 September 2021, 18:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi!

There might be a few changes you'll need to make to the code.  Check out this thread that has step by step instructions:

Let me know if that doesn't work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @SC-Carmen

Welcome to the Community! We are so happy to have you here! 

@Mailbox Manny offered an awesome suggestion for a potential solution here! When added subscribers to a Newsletter via a password-protected landing page, it is important that you code is configured just right for everything to fire correctly. For instance, if this is still the same newsletter you’re adding subscribers to and haven’t changed it recently and have ensured it’s integrated, the issue could be the need to update this code snippet to include your List title. For instance, if your List name is "newsletter", you will need to add this within the value section after ‘password page’. An example would what the final code should look like would be like this:

<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="prospect, password page, newsletter">​

To find this part of your code in Shopify, navigate to your Shopify Admin and search for the password-content.liquid template within your store’s theme.

Let us know if this fixes the issue! 

We look forward to hearing from you, 

Taylor 

Badge +2

Thank you @Mailbox Manny and @Taylor Tarpley.

I've actioned your suggestion but the issue persists.

The code now looks like this:

{% form 'customer', id: 'ContactPassword', class: 'contact-form form-single-field' %}
    {%- assign formId = 'PasswordNewsletterForm' -%}
    <input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="prospect, password page, newsletter">
    <label for="{{ formId }}-email" class="label--hidden">{{ 'general.password_page.signup_form_email_label' | t }}</label>

Can you see anything else that may be an issue?

Thanks

Carmen

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @SC-Carmen

Thanks for sharing more insight into your problem! 

That code appears to be correct, however, custom coding is always a tricky thing. When it comes to custom code, there are a lot of opportunities for error and I would recommend personally reaching out to a developer or a Klaviyo Partner to investigate this code further for you! 

Additionally, you can rule out an integration issue by disabling and reintegrating your Shopify integration.  

Thanks for being a part of the Community and please thread the solution to this problem when you find the solution! This will help any future user in the Communitywho might be experiencing the same thing!

Best,

Taylor