Recap discussion: [Ask the experts] Get ahead of the BFCM game with tried-and-true offer strategies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thank you for attending [Ask the experts] Get ahead of the BFCM game with tried-and-true offer strategies!

Whether you’re looking for the replay of this session or to catch up with some of our additional resources, you’ve come to the right place. 

Below, you can find the main panel discussion room recording. Breakout room sessions begin at about 44:32, and the main room begins again at about 01:22:00. When you’re watching this recording, you can skip the span of time in between: 

You can find the recordings of each breakout room below:

Breakout room with POPFLEX and Akers Digital:

Breakout room with Alessi and Underground eCom: 

During this session, the following panelists presented: 

• Jen-Ai Notman, Vice President of Marketing at POPFLEXJen-Ai leads the marketing team at POPFLEX with a blend of creativity, a willingness to experiment, and attention to data-driven decision-making. During BFCM, Jen-Ai leads her team in creating compelling campaigns that attract new subscribers and show appreciation to loyal customers. Under her guidance, this activewear brand achieved its highest sales day ever during Cyber Weekend 2022. 
  • Tim Akers, founder of Akers DigitalAs the founder of Akers Digital, a Klaviyo partner, Tim drives results for outdoor brands through innovative, holistic marketing and ecommerce strategies. To help businesses prepare for Cyber Weekend, he emphasizes the importance of proactive testing and planning. He utilizes industry knowledge, researches the competitive landscape, and taps into a strong understanding of each brand’s customer base. 
  • Davide Parenti, Head of Digital Acquisition & CRM at AlessiDavide brings a wealth of ecommerce knowledge and international perspective to his role at Alessi, where he oversees the entire digital customer journey. He is the mastermind behind creative BFCM campaigns that generate sales, while preserving the prestige and exclusivity of the 102-year-old designer homeware and lifestyle brand.
  • Jamie Watkins, Director & COO at Underground eCom: Jamie leads operations at Underground Ecom, a Klaviyo Master Elite Partner and global ecommerce retention agency managing over 150 brands. He’s passionate about helping brands unlock their full potential during BFCM with a well-prepared game plan that takes into account both historical data and industry trends.

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES

Help Center articles:

Academy courses:

Blog:

Case studies

Downloads: 

Let’s keep the conversation going. Comment below and let us know what your business is doing to prepare for BFCM early! 

24 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi! I am wondering if we are able to access the recordings of the breakout rooms also? Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Ches - Kellective By Nikki Hi! Yes, we will be adding the breakout room recordings as well. Those are taking longer to process, but I will tag you as soon as I’ve added them. Hopefully by tomorrow 🤗

Badge +1

Ah excellent - looking forward to watching the breakout rooms again. Thank you Emily!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Emily Shea :). 

Badge

Hey! There was a mention of a tool which helps to collect contacts from a getaway entry on instagram. Cannot find it mentioned in webinar, maybe anyone remembers ? 

Badge +3

@Ches - Kellective By Nikki Hi! Yes, we will be adding the breakout room recordings as well. Those are taking longer to process, but I will tag you as soon as I’ve added them. Hopefully by tomorrow 🤗

Can you also tag me when the breakout recordings are up please? 🙏

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Dan N definitely!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@baubonyte.indre I will check in with the panelists and see if they remember which tool was referenced, and I’ll update here 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey! There was a mention of a tool which helps to collect contacts from a getaway entry on instagram. Cannot find it mentioned in webinar, maybe anyone remembers ? 

@baubonyte.indre Davide has used a tool called ManyChat to help automate Instagram marketing and interactions. Hope that helps! 

Hi there,

I have a question for Jen-ai - When they ran their wishlist giveaway did they keep on their abandoned cart flows?

Thanks!

Lauren

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi there,

I have a question for Jen-ai - When they ran their wishlist giveaway did they keep on their abandoned cart flows?

Thanks!

Lauren

Hi Lauren! I will ask Jen-Ai and post her response here. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi there,

Thanks!

Lauren

Hi Lauren! I will ask Jen-Ai and post her response here. 

Hi @laurenfallon: Jen-Ai responded: 

To add to their wishlist our customers did not need to add to cart, so we kept our abandoned cart flow live. But if I remember correctly we paused our browse abandonment!

I hope that helps. 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi! I am wondering if we are able to access the recordings of the breakout rooms also? Thanks!

@Emerald Barkley @Dan N Just wanted to let you know, I am still waiting for the breakout room videos to process and haven’t forgotten about this. 😊 They are re-processing due to a tech issue, but I’ll make sure they are uploaded here ASAP and tag you all for visibility! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Thank you everyone for attending the session. Had so much fun connecting with everyone and talking through some BFCM strategy. 

Leave a comment with any questions you have!

Hi Emily, would love to be tagged as well. Thank you! 😊 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Emily, would love to be tagged as well. Thank you! 😊 

Perfect, I will tag you as well! I just checked, and the videos are still in process. Apologies for the delay everyone, but I will get them up as soon as I possibly can. 😉 Thank you for your patience! 

Badge +3

Hi @Emily Shea , 

This is Gabe Miller. I was wondering if there was an update regarding the recordings for the breakout room sessions.

Also, when they’re ready, could you please tag me as well? 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Emily Shea , 

This is Gabe Miller. I was wondering if there was an update regarding the recordings for the breakout room sessions.

Also, when they’re ready, could you please tag me as well? 

Thanks. 

All recordings are now posted! Thank you so much for your patience, and thank you for coming to this event. We hope everyone learned something new and is excited for BFCM! 🤗 Let me know if there’s anything else I can do. 

@janeuy @Emerald Barkley @Dan N @Ches - Kellective By Nikki 

Badge +3

Thank You @Emily Shea 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thank You @Emily Shea 

Happy to help! 😊 If you have any questions after watching the recordings, feel free to post here. 

Badge +1

Thank you so much @Emily Shea !

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thank you so much @Emily Shea !

Of course! Let us know if any other questions come up. 😊

Badge

Hey there!! 

We are getting everything set up to do our wishlist giveaway. Could anyone let us know if we can do this with the free plan from Wishlist Plus?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Jani ,

I’m glad you are experimenting with the wishlist giveaway strategy! You might want to reach out to the team at Wishlist Plus directly to get guidance, but it looks like their free plan is limited to 100 wishlist items per month: https://apps.shopify.com/swym-relay