Solved

Exporting Klaviyo Data for Analytics

• 17 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I am fairly new to Klaviyo and was hoping to get some help with Klaviyo data that is captured in the tables. Is there a way to capture the click-to-action (CTA) data in one of the tables as a column? The idea is to track how many users clicked on the links/URLs in an email campaign. Also, is there a table that contains the actual email text (I know that it is stored within a bunch of HTML tags) to determine how many characters/words an email is?

If these data elements don’t already exist, is it possible to access those through an API?

Thanks,

Gautham

icon

Best answer by David To 28 April 2021, 18:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

HI Guatham, 

Thanks so much for contributing to the Klaviyo Community! If I’m understanding your end goal correctly you can use our segment builder to create a group of profiles who clicked a specific URL within an email: 

As for determining the size of an email prior to send, there is no native tool within Klaviyo but you can use this free online tool: http://bytesizematters.com/

Kelsey

Badge +2

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for the prompt response. I was hoping to accomplish that using the tables in the database, so I can use our reporting environment to build dashboards off of that. Would essentially want to recreate something like this plus more. Is that possible with the current setup? Or is there a way to get those additional data elements (in an automated way) into our database?

As for the email text, would be nice to automate that as well, but it’s not a high priority.

Badge +1

Can someone please tell me the main points to consider in this data pool? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @gautham,

Building off of @k.mcevoy, you can certainly utilize Klaviyo’s Metric API to export click data to your own external database. You can learn more about exporting metrics from Klaviyo for use externally from the following documents we offer:

@jenny13857, to elaborate further on this discussion, the screenshot provided by Gautham illustrates a report of the Clicked Email metric within their Klaviyo account broken down by URL. You can use these reports in a number of ways depending on your business and marketing goals. For example, sending an email which contains a promotion with a button directing customers to the specific promotion’s page; you can see how many users have actually clicked on this specific button in your email to see how engaging your recipients and content are. 

Hope this helps!

-David

Badge +1

Hey @gautham,

Building off of @k.mcevoy, you can certainly utilize Klaviyo’s Metric API to export click data to your own external database. You can learn more about exporting metrics from Klaviyo for use externally from the following documents we offer:

@jenny13857, to elaborate further on this discussion, the screenshot provided by Gautham illustrates a report of the Clicked Email metric within their Klaviyo account broken down by URL. You can use these reports in a number of ways depending on your business and marketing goals. For example, sending an email which contains a promotion with a button directing customers to the specific promotion’s page; you can see how many users have actually clicked on this specific button in your email to see how engaging your recipients and content are. 

Hope this helps!

-David

Hi, I’ve been through those links and where I”m getting stuck is in terms of Exporting data using “by” instead of “where”.    https://apidocs.klaviyo.com/reference/metrics#metric-export I’d like to export the data by campaign name, but I don't now what value to put in the &by= parameter in order to do this.  Do you have a reference so that I know what parameter names to use depending on how I want to segment the data?

Badge +1

Just replying to my own question here.  I found this thread and used &by=$message which worked: