Black Friday Competition

• 17 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
  • Partner - Silver
  • 122 replies

Hi Community,

I have a problem with consent status of subscribers to my new contest. I created signup form connected to new list. Standard fields Email, First Name and Subscribe button, double optin sequence in place. I see lots of customer register.

Unfortunately customers that register with double opt-in don't have any consent status on their account and I don't know why.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 17 November 2022, 23:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Jakub ,

Thanks for sharing with the Community.

If there is no symbol next to a person’s contact information, it means they have neither consented nor opted out. These profiles can still receive emails (e.g., an abandoned cart flow email), but exercise caution when contacting them. Also there are certain methods of adding a subscriber that will result in no consent status. For example, subscribers added through certain third-party integrations won’t have a green checkmark next to their email addresses under Channels.

If you are concerned about identifying customers that have expressly opted in, I would  suggest to use our Custom Properties, for example, you could create a hidden field on your form that will be passed into Klaviyo, something like “consented”.

I would double check your integration and make sure that consent is being applied in your form’s steps.

Thanks,

Alex

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @alex.hong,

The issue is that I don't use any integration its signup form integrated to list, and I cannot add any hidden property in it ;/ and all customers that register (with double opt-in) don't have consent status or even marketing consent property true.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Can anyone help to figure it out or am I doing something wrong?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Anyone? Any idea.