Solved

Can I have a checkbox ticked by default?

• 10 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hi, 

Does anyone know if it’s possible when working with a checkbox that it’s ticked by default? 

Now people have to tick the box manually if they want to subscribe to our newsletter, but I have the feeling I’m losing a lot of the people here because they don’t thick the box. 

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 10 February 2023, 22:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Emma Sp.,

Yes, it is possible to make a checkbox checked by default in Klaviyo. You can do this when creating a signup form in Klaviyo.

Here's how to make a checkbox checked by default in Klaviyo:

1. Go to the "Lists & Signup Forms" section in Klaviyo.
  2. Create a new signup form or edit an existing one.
  3. Click on the checkbox field to edit its properties.
  4. In the "Default Value" section, select "Checked".

With this setting, the checkbox will be checked by default when the signup form is displayed to new subscribers. If you prefer, you can also make the checkbox unchecked by default by selecting "Unchecked" in the "Default Value" section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Emma Sp.

Welcome to the Community! 

@Irrra thanks for hopping on here. While this isn’t something you can natively do in Klaviyo, you could custom code a form to do so, although it is not considered best practice to automatically tick boxes for users who are not purposefully opting-in to your marketing and therefore is a higher chance they might report your messages as spam, which would hurt your deliverability.  

If you want to move forward with automatically ticking this box, I would suggest setting the list your form is connected to to double opt-in or regularly  cleaning your lists!

Have a great weekend! 

-Taylor

Badge +5

Hi Ira and Taylor, 

Thank you for your reply! 

Kind regards, 

Emma

Badge +5

Hi Ira and Taylor, 

I just looked into this and I can’t find the ‘by default’ option. 

This is what I see when I click on the checkbox: 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Kind regards, Emma

I did the following…

I went to the "Signup - forms" section in Klaviyo.

I edited my existing SMS Consent form.

There wasn’t a checkbox option to edit.

Is there another place to set the checkbox box to checked as default for the SMS Consent to receive email?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @apounds

I’d refer to my comment earlier that this isn’t an option in Klaviyo or considered best practice, however, if you still are interested you can create a custom form which would require a developer.

Hi @Emma Sp.

Welcome to the Community! 

@Irrra thanks for hopping on here. While this isn’t something you can natively do in Klaviyo, you could custom code a form to do so, although it is not considered best practice to automatically tick boxes for users who are not purposefully opting-in to your marketing and therefore is a higher chance they might report your messages as spam, which would hurt your deliverability.  

If you want to move forward with automatically ticking this box, I would suggest setting the list your form is connected to to double opt-in or regularly  cleaning your lists!

Have a great weekend! 

-Taylor

Hope this helps!

-Taylor