Skip to main content
Solved

Restrict Page Access Based on Klaviyo List Membership

• 6 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I'm looking for some guidance on how to restrict access to a specific page on my website based on whether a user is a member of a specific Klaviyo list. Here’s what I’m trying to achieve:

1. Restricted Page Access: I have a webpage that contains secret deals. I want only users who are members of a specific Klaviyo list (let's call it "Secret Deals Access") to be able to view this page.

2. Redirect Non-Members to Form: If a user is not on this list, I want to redirect them to a form where they can submit their information to gain access. The form submission should add them to the "Secret Deals Access" list without requiring email opt-in.

3. Seamless User Experience: Ideally, after submitting the form, users should be redirected back to the secret deals page.

Here’s a basic outline of what I’ve done so far:

• I’ve created the "Secret Deals Access" list in Klaviyo.
  • I’ve set up a form in Klaviyo to capture user information.

I’m struggling with how to implement the logic to check if a user is on the list and how to handle the redirection seamlessly. If anyone has experience with this or can provide a detailed approach, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help!

I’d suggest creating a password protected page on your website via your store’s integration and share the password for this page in a flow email when someone joins the list. 

On the page itself, you can create a flyout form that only shows if users are in this specific list and you can use this form to remind them of the password. However on the other hand, you can show a form for users who aren’t on the list to tell them how to view it and give them the option to signup for the list on the spot. Once they sign up, the form will submit them to the list and show the users the password on the success page and keep them on the password protected page.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge

This is great idea.  I assume this function is built into Klaviyo?  Or would I need to come up with some scripts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Zog

You will find documentation on how to set up the flyout forms here via Klaviyo and you will need to setup your password protected site page via your ecommerce site. 

-Taylor