Solved

Sign-up form submissions not showing in list

• 18 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hello,

My signup form submissions aren’t showing in the newsletter list I’ve selected. Double Opt In is turned off. 

I don’t think that there are any issues with the settings so I don’t understand why submissions won’t show in the list. I have 3 submissions in the form, 0 in the list. 

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 28 June 2023, 22:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@ECC Just to be sure, the email address you're trying to add is it already on the list?

If so, you can only get added to the list once. The best way would be to use another email or remove yourself first before trying again.

Also just to be sure, is the list your submitting to indeed the right one since you had V02 I assume V01 could also exist?

Regards,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge

@Omar thanks for the response. No the email is not in the list yet, the list is empty. And yes it is linked to the V02 - I have triple checked that. Any other ideas?

One of my test submissions created a profile but that profile did not get added to the list. When I check the profile it says ‘Never Subscribed’ to Email .. maybe it could have something to do with that? Could there be a setting wrong in the Sign-Up form?

… Anyone that submits the form must be added to the list. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @ECC !

It is unlikely, but have you also confirmed that your email address field is required upon submission?

Standard settings look something like this:

If you are not using the default email address field to collect subscribers, you will want to make sure yours is mapped correctly to the Email property, and also marked as a required field. Without this, users will be able to submit the form without entering their email address. 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge

I’m having the same problem - I have 3 on my submitted forms (embedded on my landing page) but when I go to the lists/segments it only shows 1 (me as my test). I’ve built it twice and it still only has my address on the list / segment - I have it built both ways.

Badge

my sign up form shows 3 submissions

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @tammyb,

If you haven’t already, I would suggest taking a look through our Understanding why form submissions and list sizes differ Help Center article which explains why you may be seeing a difference in the number of form submissions to those on your list. 

In my experience, the most common cause for this is double opt-in. Form submission is tracked for every user that submits the form. This is not the same thing as users who actually opt-in and subscribed. 

David

Badge

Thank you David! I now understand. Thanks for the link explaining the 2 different counts as I could not find anything when I was searching on my own.