Solved

Is it a good idea to change SMS disclosure text?

• 8 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi , CEO of the brand I work for wants to change the SMS consent disclosure text shown on the sign up forms.

Klaviyo's SMS disclosure:

By submitting this form and signing up for texts, you consent to receive marketing text messages (e.g. promos, cart reminders) from Warriors of the Divine at the number provided, including messages sent by autodialer. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Msg & data rates may apply. Msg frequency varies. Unsubscribe at any time by replying STOP or clicking the unsubscribe link (where available). Privacy Policy & Terms.

What the client wants to use:

By submitting, you consent to receive marketing text messages at the provided number. Msg & data rates may apply. Unsubscribe anytime by replying STOP.

Can someone please tell me is this good idea? Does this break any rules?

icon

Best answer by David To 9 June 2023, 02:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @heysandesh9,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I would suggest having your client consult with their own legal council to see if the SMS disclosure language they want complies with all applicable laws in connection with their marketing program.

You can find more resources on this subject from our How to set up your SMS disclosure language and Example of SMS disclosure language Help Center articles. 

I hope this helps!

David