Solved

Ignore missing products in catalog lookup

• 12 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

We have a dynamic block based on an item id list, that uses the `catalog` lookup tag in order to display product information. Sometimes, we get the Error `product not in feed`, when an item from the ID list was deleted by us.

Is it possible to ignore missing catalog items somehow?

Thanks in advance,

Aram Becker

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 13 December 2022, 04:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Aram Becker and welcome back to the Community!

Just so I can clarify, what’s the end goal of what you’re trying to achieve by ignoring the missing catalogs?

Are your emails getting cancelled because there are missing catalog items, and you’d like to avoid those cancellations and send the email regardless?

Or, are you trying to skip an e-mail if it’s referencing a deleted product?

• If this is the case, I would recommend the following Community post answered by my colleague Taylor, which explains how to implement a piece of code into a dynamic block that will skip the email if the product is unpublished on your site:

I hope this helps to get you started down the right path, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +2

@Brian Turcotte Sorry for the late response.

Our E-Mails are getting cancelled, because they reference deleted catalog items. We are aware that they are missing, but can do nothing about them being inside the list that is used to generate the email.

We would like to send the email regardless, simply skipping the deleted products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Aram Becker!

My apologies for the delay in my response - unfortunately there are no other values that can be substituted for “cancel” in the catalog tag that would ensure that the list is still sent. At this time, it is expected behavior that the emails will be cancelled due to the missing product. 

I agree that another option would be intuitive, so I will definitely submit a Product Request on your behalf. 

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Brian

We’re having this same issue. We’re a marketplace with 1.5M listings and its not possible to guarantee product feed is synced with the custom data were sending. If possible, you should add “skip” as an option along with “cancel”. Any reason why that couldn’t get done? Thanks