Solved

sunsetting unengaged - eventually everyone?

• 3 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hey -

I have a sunset unengaged subscribers flow set up (no interactions in 4 months). At the same time, I have a flow that has 27 emails in it (will last approx 6-ish months). Does that mean that at the end of the flow (when people stop receiving regular emails from me), they will ALL be auto-sunsetted since im not sending anything? Or do I have that wrong.

TY

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 5 July 2023, 18:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Maxwell 

Thanks for posting another great question!

When you create a sunset flow  it will allow you to identify profiles who are unengaged with your marketing. However it will not automatically suppress the profile. You will need to create a new segment that leverages the tag you give to unengaged subscribers who go through your sunset flow and have not opened or clicked a message lately: 

• Properties about someone > Unengaged is true AND
  • What someone has done (or not done) > Opened email zero times in the last 90 days AND
  • What someone has done (or not done) > Clicked email zero times in the last 90 days

Example of an unengaged segment that checks to see if a profile has Unengaged property set to true

You will need to monitor and periodically suppress this segment. Do so whenever you perform your regular list cleaning — at least two to three times a year is recommended. To do this:

1. Click the Manage Segment dropdown.
  2. Select Export Segment to CSV.The Manage Segment dropdown found at the top right of a segment
  3. Navigate to the Profiles tab.
  4. In the upper right-hand corner, click Suppressed Profiles.
  5. Click Upload File to upload this CSV file. The suppression list where profiles can be added or exported
  6. You can also exclude this segment from all of your campaigns in the interim to ensure that you don't email anyone who is not engaged.

Hope this helps!