Hi all - can someone help me to work out if I have set up my abandoned cart flow properly? I have been testing it and haven’t received any abandoned cart emails after 4 hours.
My website is a Shopify site.
- I placed a product in the cart and then left the website
- 4 hours later (which is the timing of the delay) I didn’t receive any abandoned cart email, even though I just used the default flow that was in Klaviyo.
- I set the filter to ‘placed order zero times since starting flow’.
- Then it should send the “It looks like you left something behind” email.
- (The 2nd email “Your cart is about to expire” I have intentionally left as a draft as I want to test just sending one abandoned email first)
I thought maybe the reason I wasn’t receiving any abandoned cart email might be because I wasn’t logged in to the Shopify site. But I tried it by logging in and I still didn’t receive anything.
Thank you all for any help you can provide!
Best answer by elisegaines
There’s a bit more info available here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005080447-Reviewing-Your-Shopify-Data#checkout-started2
If you’d like to send a flow message after someone adds an item to their cart, you can set up the Add to Cart event + a Abandoned Checkout flow: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396711-How-to-Create-a-Custom-Added-to-Cart-Event-for-Shopify