Solved

Back In Stock | Script Error

• 12 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I’m trying to install BIS to the Symmetry theme on Shopify. I have done this NUMEROUS times, on multiple different themes and have never had an issue. 

At first I thought I had the wrong alternate anchor, but I did get it to show up ONE time. Unfortunately it was in the wrong place and after trying to adjust it, it’s never loaded again. 

It looks like the script is actually erroring out. I don’t really know enough about that, but are there any common issues I might be able to troubleshoot on my own?

I’ve already turned off other apps to ensure there isn’t a conflict, viewed product tracking is turned on, etc. And I already know that BIS doesn’t work seamlessly with “custom” themes. 

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 24 July 2023, 21:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Jessica eCommerce Badassery!

Would you be willing to provide a screenshot of the error? This will help myself and other Community members obtain a better understanding of the issue.

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Brian Turcotte 

Here are some screenshots… not even sure if this is what you need or not 🙃 But let me know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

I’m going to run this by Engineering and I’ll update the thread ASAP.

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

My apologies for the delay here - as you referenced, troubleshooting BIS on custom themes is beyond the scope of support/community, because there is often additional code conflict that is not present on the free themes, which it was designed for.

However, here are some Community threads that troubleshoot similar issues, if you’re interested:

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Brian Turcotte Thanks, I’ve seen those already and they aren’t really relevant.

Was hoping just to get pointed in the right direction

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

My apologies - I will definitely submit a product request on your behalf to expand support to more themes, but at this time we don’t have any documented/supported insight into this exact error statement.

Best,

Brian