Solved

Custom APP - API call into Klaviyo

• 26 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

I am working with a client that has a custom built app where customers can log in and update details. This app holds info such as email, name, custom tags on personal preferences and marketing permissions. 

Is it possible to build an API call from a custom app into Klaviyo? I imagine the developers who built the app will need to install this, but first I wanted to know if this is feasible? And how I can support them.

Also is it possible to push opt-in / opt-outs back and forth via an API? 

If someone could point me in the direction of the correct documentation to read and follow that would be great thanks.

icon

Best answer by KeviSunshine 26 October 2022, 16:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @jadebiscuit,

First, love your username 😄

It is certainly feasible to create a custom integration into Klaviyo that would create/update user information (“Profiles” as Klaviyo calls them). 

And you can update opt-in / opt-outs via the API too.

However, Klaviyo just updated all of their API docs so I don’t know the most up-to-date endpoints to use.

My application uses the lists API to handle these. Primarily I use the list/subscribe endpoint for new profiles, and the list/members endpoint for profile updates and preference updates.

All of the API documentation can be found here: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/api_overview

Cheers,

Kevin.

Badge

I am working with a client that has a custom built app where customers can log in and update details. This app holds info such as email, name, custom tags on personal preferences and marketing permissions. 

Is it possible to build an API call from a custom app into Klaviyo? I imagine the developers who built the app will need to install this, but first I wanted to know if this is feasible? And how I can support them.

Also is it possible to push opt-in / opt-outs back and forth via an API? 

If someone could point me in the direction of the correct documentation to read and follow that would be great thanks.

Hey friend,

Thanks for sharing. This also helps me in my project Shopify mobile app development. Keep helping the community.