Solved

How to send customers from a second Shopify instance to Klaviyo?

• 28 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, for my brand, we have an additional Shopify instance we use for ‘gifting events’. It is a duplicate of our DTC Shopify but products have no prices. Our sales reps at large events use tablets to create purchases in this ‘gifting’ Shopify instance with customers that come to our booth. 

This is not a Shopify instance that customers can access otherwise. We’re not necessarily interested in their Shopify data, perhaps besides the gift they chose. 

We would like to send these customers from this gifting Shopify instance to our Klaviyo. I am looking for an automated solution so that when a customer enters the gifting Shopify instance, they will immediately be sent to our Klaviyo. 

But our Klaviyo is already integrated with our DTC Shopify store.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a solution here? 

I understand that a 1:1 Shopify to Klaviyo instance is recommended, but I am trying to explore the technical options that would allow us to send these gifting customers to our DTC Klaviyo. 

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Jessica eCommerce Badassery 28 October 2023, 20:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@ConnorBo 

Because Klaviyo can only be installed on one Shopify instance you’d need to do this through the API, which if you don’t have the resources/desire to create your own integration you can just use Zapier.

You would create a custom event metric - you could call it Event Gifts for example. Then in the properties of the event, you include the product they received. 

If you sometimes give out more than one product, by default they’ll be listed in the same field by Shopify when the order comes in. If you want them separated you’ll need to add a formatter step in Zapier.