Solved

Insert custom url event variable into a campaign

• 18 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey,

We use Trustpilot to gather product reviews, (this is historic before we moved to Klaviyo).

For customers who have forgotten to review a product or didn’t feel the time was right or reviewed just our service. I’d like to invite them again to review the product in a more personalised way using a campaign.

Trustpilot generates a custom url and invites people who have purchased. Once they click on the URL the product is displayed and it ensures; they review the correct product; the review gets a verified purchase check & goes to the email address associated with the order.

Is it possible to add a custom property (the unique url) to the customer profile and then insert that into a campaign?

(As an aside, I am looking into Klaviyo Reviews & I am aware of Trustpilot Integration but this is just to display existing reviews not gather new ones). 

Thanks,

Claire

icon

Best answer by saulblum 18 December 2023, 18:08

View original

3 replies

Badge

Yes its possible
You can use metric/properties + custom fields

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Can you generate a CSV with email addresses and this URL? If so, you could do a CSV list import to set this property on all profiles in a list. (It won’t create a new profile if it already exists with a given email, but will set the custom property.)

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251128

You could then reference this custom property like any other profile property in a template, e.g. {{ person.myReviewURL }}

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@saulblum Thanks.

This is what I was thinking, thanks for confirming.