Solved

How can I align my images in a dynamic product block?

• 11 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

One of my products is coming out slightly out of line with the others because the product title is larger is there a way to line the photos up properly or be fixed in place some way?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 14 November 2022, 18:13

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @jlomes

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

I can see what you mean as the left image has the longer title, thus pushing it a little further down from the image on the right. While there isn’t any way to control alignment when using a dynamic product block and pulling this data in from your feed, you could manually select these products from the catalog and build these blocks as a static product block vs dynamic. A static product block would allow you to have more control and select where a specific product is placed so the products that have longer titles can be placed next to each other as to better align.

I’m sorry there isn’t more flexibility with dynamic product blocks at the time and have submitted a feature request on your behalf! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Taylor Tarpley,

Would be great if we have the feature to choose number of text lines we want to have in the dynamic block product titles and if the name would be longer it will be cut and … (3dots) will be put in the end.

I have a similar problem with some products especially with bundles that consist a lot of text in product name. 

---
kind regards
Jakub

Badge +4

I REALLY need this ability as well, as all my products have names that vary greatly. If the image could just align to the top of each row, that would handle it. 

Badge +1

I second this request.

Badge +1

This really needs to be added with haste. Please get this sorted Klaviyo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there! 

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! 

I want to affirm we do hear your feedback! The Community team do shares your feedback requests and features to the product team involved in the area. We know this is a pain point for our customers. We are working on improvments to our product block experience this half of the year and I will share in this thread when I have an update! 

Thank you for sharing your voices in the Community and letting us know how we can make the experience better for you! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Additionally, in the meantime, I’d suggest checking out a workaround by a fellow Community user below!

Badge

Hello,

I have a similar problem; we have very different lengths of product names, which makes the products in the dynamic product block non-uniform.

One possibility would be to limit the number of letters in the product name and then truncate it, which would be very helpful. I believe many people have this problem, so a quick solution or a workaround would be very helpful.

Best regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @t.proks

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! 

-Taylor