Solved

Transparent Backgrounds

• 25 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

When I’m building an email, I upload a transparent PNG, and when dropped in the email, it automatically applies a white background. Is there any way around this?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 7 July 2023, 22:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @miche

Welcome to the community and thanks for the question.

I don't now what you want to achieve but block backgrounds can be set to transparent in the main Styles tab in the email editor. This will affect every block that doesn't already have a set background color. 

To make a block's background transparent so the template background will show, navigate to the main Styles tab in the sidebar. Delete the hex color for the Content Background value. Save the settings and refresh the page. 

Source article: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005255968-How-to-add-a-background-image-to-an-email-template

When I’m building an email, I upload a transparent PNG, and when dropped in the email, it automatically applies a white background. Is there any way around this?

this is the old editor what about the new editor?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Bobomatcha2 

Thanks for the callout, the previous advice was indeed for our classic editor, but is now outdated since our transition to the new.

In our new editor, blocks are automatically transparent to ensure the greatest compatibility across devices and Dark Mode settings. So as long as a background color for the block (or for the Section) is not manually chosen, the blocks will remain transparent. The same goes for images as well, so long as they are cropped or fitted with it's own transparency (ex. a product image with a colored background will still appear as normal, but clipart/images without set backgrounds will appear as transparent).

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

I’m not sure this is correct. We have a text block that we place at the bottom of our emails with our footer info, that’s supposed to be transparent but always fills with a white background. We have to physically add the background color and make it match the email background color.

Default background
How it should look