Solved

Facebook Integration - Huge Audience Match Gap for Segment CSV

• 27 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Created a segment in klaviyo that’s around 70,000 emails/names/addresses and sync’d with FB via the integrations and created a new audience. FB audience mgr says that the audience is Less than 1000 AFTER Matching. 

I know there is definitely an issue hashing because this 70,000 segment contains ~15,000 email/names/address from another segment that resulted in a match of ~11,000.

I’ve tried deleting the sync on both sides (K & FB) and re-doing and got same result.

Just downloaded CSV of same 70,000 and giving a run at uploading it to FB to see if same occurs.  FB Audience Mgr says that it’s still populating but has already turned up 50,000 profiles. 

Any ideas as to why the integration isn’t netting the same results as uploading the CSV? 

For this particular segment, it’s not so important that it’s dynamic (adds/drops) but definitely has me wondering about other custom audiences in FB via syncs….

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 27 August 2021, 23:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @rotax ,

Thanks for posting to the Community with details and hope to provide some info!

It is a common thing to see for users to see a difference from a CSV upload vs the native integration upload when it comes to # of people in the segment. We had a great community post:

that outlined the factors that can contribute to this occurring. Our guide on how to  Connect Facebook Lead Ads to a List also goes into some steps to ensure that there are no errors on the way. Our  Help Doc covers this in detail as well. Sometimes, I have seen that customers run into issues after uninstalling an integration or deleting integrations while troubleshooting so I always recommend the guides in case! I’ve definitely been there where I forget a crucial step or two.

Hope this helped and have a good day!

Alex