Solved

Dropdown in sign up form in date format? Date-triggered flow with those dates

• 28 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello, 

i want to create a sign up form, in which people can choose from different dates and sign up. This date is then used a property to remind them of their chosen date. So i want to setup a date-triggered flow. Unfortunately in a dropdown menu you cant set the format to date. So i have a custom property which is in text format. So i cant setup the flow, since its no date format. Do you have any solution or integrations from webinar tools? I just cant find anything helpful ^^ 

Thanks in advance :)

icon

Best answer by Dov 28 December 2022, 16:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Stuhlii,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

As long as the selectable dates in the dropdown menu are in an acceptable format i.e. MM/DD/YYYY - you will still be able to trigger a date-triggered flow off of that custom property. If you’ve already set up this property and do not see it as an option to trigger your date-triggered flow, it means that either a user has not yet filled out your form or you’re using an invalid date format to collect these dates using the dropdown menu.

If you’ve already started collecting dates and do not see this property as an option for a date-triggered flow, you can either create a net-new property (in the signup form itself) using an acceptable date format (MM/DD/YYYY) to trigger the flow or “wipe” the existing property and start from scratch with a valid date format. There’s a healthy discussion on this topic in the thread below:

It’s also worth mentioning if you’re simply looking to remind them of the date on their profile, you don’t necessarily have to use a date-triggered flow, we have variables you can use to display any custom property (including dates) in any type of email. This would use the person look-up tag.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a community member.