Solved

Segment by tags coming up empty

• 22 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am trying to create a segment based on customers who have bought a certain product from my Shopify store. 

I have tagged the product in Shopify. 

My segment keeps coming up empty even though I know there should be customers in this segment. 

I have waited 30 minutes and refreshed several times. 

icon

Best answer by Casperackermann 22 March 2024, 15:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Elaine_smith 

This is a bit hard question to answer without being able to look into the account in both shopify and klaviyo to make sure what you set up is working properly but one thing that I can suggest checking is to know if the data is actually coming to klaviyo go to the metrics and find the order product metric and then in the activity feed click on the down arrow for any user to see what tags are coming in for that metric.

Also other things that I would suggest checking that may be happening is try using maybe placed order metric instead of ordered product.. or you can even try just to be sure that maybe those tags are not coming as shopify tags (in the segment pick property about someone shopify tag and see if there are the tags you looking for)

Again it may not be any of these but you need to check multiple things to be able to find where the disconnect is and its hard to give direct guidance without looking into this.. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Elaine,

I might misunderstand what you are trying to achieve, but I believe you should be able to find people who have purchased a product with this logic. Please make sure to adjust the timeframe (set to “over all time” if you want to include people who have purchased the item since the start of the shopify store and adjust the “items” to include the product you want to include):