Meet the Champions: David Visser

• 7 March 2024
  • 0 replies
Meet the Champions: David Visser
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Why did you get started with Klaviyo? We noticed that the existing platforms available in the market were not specifically setup to deal with the requirements and needs of eCommerce merchants.
What message do you have for people new to Klaviyo? Don't be intimidated and get stuck in! There is so much value that you can drive using the Klaviyo platform, and Klaviyo is built full of excellent out-of-the-box templates for campaigns, sign up forms & flows. There are also a lot of great resources available including trainings, the Community and learning directly inside the platform!
What is your favorite part of Klaviyo? I absolutely love being able to directly show the return on investment in the platform. It's always an exciting time when we get to bring a customer across from their existing platform onto Klaviyo. We try and get an initial buildout done quite quickly (sign up form, welcome flow, abandon cart etc) and get them live, then wait for the numbers to start coming in. We all end up looking at the dashboard on a daily basis and enjoy the exciting phone calls with clients when we tell them what we've managed to drive in value. Our record so far is to return the entire annual billing of Klaviyo for a merchant in the first week.

I also love the ability to really personalise the approach, and how easy it is to do this in the platform. Even taking small steps like segmenting on location, age or preferences to be more personalised in your approach very quickly increases engagement. We all like to be talked to by brands as if they understand us!
What does the Klaviyo Community mean to you? The community is a great place to learn from other Klaviyo users. No question is silly - we're all in different phases of our learning journey with Klaviyo. I really enjoy being able to help merchants in there and feel like I'm able to give back to the community!

📕  What is ​​your favorite or most inspirational book?

Such a tough question! But I really enjoyed the biography on Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. What a contrast between his excellent visionary leadership abilities and some of his personal 'quirks'

:gem: What is your most treasured possession?

My collection of Le Creuset cookware - they help me make amazing meals for family & friends!

:clapper: Who would play you in a movie?

Dr Who's companion - how much fun would it be to go to any time in history or the future!

:movie_camera:What is your favorite movie?

Back to the Future - I remember renting those VHS tapes over and over again

:island: What is your favorite vacation spot? 

New Zealand is such an incredible place to travel around, and I am very lucky to have seen absolutely every corner of it. My favourite spot is Lake Tekapo located in the South Island. Google it - and the photos you see are not photoshopped!!!

Looking to connect further for questions or custom solutions? Look us up on our Partner Page!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!