Solved

Emails being sent both from Shopify and Klaviyo

• 5 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

So apparently you cannot turn off email notifications in Shopify with the basic plan, so Shopify is sending duplicate emails as I have set up emails with triggers on Klaviyo. I want to maintain my brand structured emails, so I only want to use Klaviyo.

So I have figured a run around by using ‘smart sending’ so the emails are not being sent twice. And I have copy and pasted the HTML template from Klaviyo into the Shopify emails to maintain my branded emails. 

So my question is, if emails continue to send through Shopify, do all the trigger and conditional splits still operate through Klaviyo, and am I still able to view the analytics through Klaviyo if emails are being sent through the Shopify platform? 

icon

Best answer by Akers Digital 7 January 2024, 06:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey @Penny Packer91 ,

Great questions. Are you speaking specifically about the transactional emails coming from Shopify? Emails like order confirmations?

I would suggest staying with Shopify emails until you decide to update for transactional emails. You can use Klaviyo for post purchase flows, review requests, abandoned carts, browse abandonments, and all of the marketing flows. 

I don’t believe transactional email metrics from Shopify are sent to Klaviyo. I would recommend keeping the two separate until you upgrade your Shopify account and can move them all over to Klaviyo.

Hope that helps!