Solved

SMS Flows is not working!

• 23 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi there,

Hope you are all doing good. I have set up Klaviyo SMS Flows for my customers.

I create a sign up form for capturing both E-mail and SMS. Those who put there email address they are receiving email from klaviyo but they are not getting SMS from klaviyo. Could you please help me why klaviyo is not sending SMS?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by David To 23 June 2022, 15:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @forman,

Two reasons I can of as to why SMS subscribers are not receiving your SMS welcome series flow would be caused by either double opt-in and/or not having an alphanumeric number setup. 

Just like any other normal list, when double opt-in is enabled, users who subscriber through either SMS or email would need to confirm their subscription. Users who are signing up and providing consent for SMS will receive a text asking them to confirm their subscription prior to being added to the list to then trigger the flow. If your subscriber do not respond to the text confirmation, they would not be added to the list and therefore not receive the flow. This is also noted in our Creating an SMS Welcome Series Help Center article:

Please note that if your list is set to be double opt-in, which all Klaviyo lists are by default, someone will have to first confirm their subscription by texting "YES" before receiving your welcome flow.

The other reason why SMS subscribers are not be entering your flow could be that SMS consent isn’t fully collected due to not having an alphanumeric number set up. If your subscribers are from UK or AUS, you’ll need to have an alphanumeric number setup in your account prior to being able to collect SMS consent from them. Generally, a toll-free number is issued upon activating your account for SMS, but provisioning an alphanumeric number is an additional step you’ll need to take. I’ve previously went over this in the Community posts below:

I hope this helps!

David