Solved

Can I create a Klaviyo profile via API with non-US/CAN/UK/AU phone numbers?

• 7 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Dear Klaviyo fans and professionals, I’m trying to collect phone numbers from international visitors on my customers behalf, but if the popup has no email just phone number, I saw a pattern that some international phone numbers (arab, european, etc).

Is the case that only the SMS-supported (US/CAN/UK/AU) countries work and create a profile?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 7 April 2022, 20:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @nandorhargita,

Thanks for sharing with the Community. Hope I can provide more info regarding this.

If you want to send to other countries, such as Canada, you can either use a toll-free number or request a separate short code. However, Klaviyo SMS is not available everywhere. Currently, you can only collect SMS consent, create profiles, and send text messages in: 

• *United States
  • Canada
  • UK
    *The United States only includes the 50 US states and not Puerto Rico or other territories

If the phone number is in a country we don't support SMS in, your API call wouldn't be possible. Over the next few years, we will be rolling out SMS for use in other countries, although we do not have a set roadmap for this that we can share.

Thanks,

Alex